At Enko we believe that to create the future the world wants, we need to change the way the world grows. Our goal is not just to create something better, but to play a part in something bigger. Enko discovers and develops novel products for farmers to protect their crops from pests and disease.
- Our products address a $60 billion core market focused on crop health with expansion into adjacent markets worth $300+ billion
- We have $140 million in capitalization, with $70 million raised as part of a Series C in July 2022
- Our global investors include NuFarm, Anterra Capital, Taher Gozal, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eight Roads Ventures, Finistere Ventures, Novalis LifeSciences, Germin8 Ventures, TO Ventures Food, Endeavor8, Alumni Ventures Group, Connecticut Innovations and Rabo Food & Agri Innovation Fund
- We have over 30 novel, active pipeline programs and 4 strategic partnerships announced, including Syngenta and Bayer
- Our headquarters and research facility in Mystic, CT has 50,000 square feet of state-of-the-art labs and computer-controlled greenhouses built for pre-field experimentation and scale
Our agricultural invention platform, Enkompass™, uses DNA encoded libraries, A.I. and machine learning to create more effective ways of finding and selecting the right treatments for the right targets– faster than anyone had ever imagined possible. Led by a team of proven scientists, entrepreneurs, and industry veterans, Enko’s innovative science, agile design, and discovery of new modes of action is producing next-generation crop protection solutions that will overcome the critical challenges facing industry. The industry has taken notice and we have active projects with many key industry players…with more to come!
We are hiring across the organization to achieve our desired growth objectives, and our best asset is our team members. We value you and your career journey, and we will support your work/life balance. We focus on impact over hours!
Administrative Director or Business Partner
Due to the exciting growth of Enko, we have an outstanding opportunity supporting the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team!! This highly visible and collaborative role serves as a strategic advisor, counsel, and proxy to the CEO and will be responsible for the administrative and executive functions necessary to support the designated Executive(s) in all aspects of their duties.
Working across the organization and by providing strategic support and partnership, your main objective is to enhance the Executive Team’s effectiveness and leadership success with high-level, dedicated administrative support.
The successful candidate must possess a flexible personality, be energetic and a self-starter, and be very comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. This role represents a great opportunity to utilize administrative and strategic planning, stakeholder management, and project execution skills.
This role reports to the CEO and will be based in our headquarters in Mystic, CT.
Leadership & Strategy
- Serve as a key stakeholder to the Executive team, planning and facilitating regular team meetings, driving the execution of action items, and turning discussions and ideas into actionable work
- Drive operational planning processes to completion in partnership with Enko leaders and the broader organization, resulting in clear goals, KPIs, and roadmaps
- Provide guidance and direction across departments, supporting leaders in their long-term growth and day-to-day execution
- Ensure that vision, culture, and intent are properly developed and communicated through all aspects of Enko
- Act as a bridge between the CEO and internal departments, building strong, collaborative relationships and ensuring alignment across the organization
- Ensure that the CEO time is leveraged effectively, including engaging the right participants in and out of meetings and problem solving with stakeholders in advance to maximize their time with the CEO
- Act as a trusted advisor and thought partner to the CEO on all business and personnel matters
- Conduct research and summarize learnings to advise the CEO on strategic opportunities
- Support the CEO and Executives through drafting, transcribing, proofing, and/or editing confidential information and presentations in a timely fashion
- Serve as a primary point of contact between the CEO and the Board, including providing administrative support for meetings.
- Own Enko’s operating cadence and scheduling (e.g. Executive team meetings, strategic meetings, monthly breakfasts, annual outings, travel arrangements, etc.)
- Collaborate with Executive team on internal communications to ensure that everyone has the information they need when they need it, and coordinate information sharing to the employees
- Work closely and effectively with the designated Executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
- Research, collect and organize information in a concise and professional manner to prepare Executive(s) for meetings with other executive staff members and external parties
- Handle coordination of important meetings with key executives throughout the organization
- Compose presentations in support of speeches/meetings and/or client/vendor deliverables
- Prioritize, screen and direct incoming calls, mail, and correspondences with urgency and attention to detail
- Routinely perform a wide variety of support duties as needed