Public Relations and Marketing Manager
At Enko, we believe that to create the future the world wants, we need to change the way the world grows. Our goal is not just to create something better, but to play a part in something bigger. Enko discovers and develops novel products for farmers to protect their crops from pests and disease.
- Our products address a $60billion core market focused on crop health with expansion into adjacent markets worth $300+ billion
- We have $140 million in capitalization, with $70 million raised as part of a Series C in July 2022
- Our global investors include NuFarm, Anterra Capital, Taher Gozal, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eight Roads Ventures, Finistere Ventures, Novalis LifeSciences, Germin8 Ventures, TO Ventures Food, Endeavor8, Alumni Ventures Group, Connecticut Innovations and Rabo Food & Agri Innovation Fund
- We have over 30 novel, active pipeline programs and 4 strategic partnerships announced, including Syngenta and Bayer
- Our headquarters and research facility in Mystic, CT has 50,000 square feet of state-of-the-art labs and computer-controlled greenhouses built for pre-field experimentation and scale
Our agricultural invention platform, Enkompass™, uses DNA-encoded libraries, A.I. and machine learning to create more effective ways of finding and selecting the right treatments for the right targets– faster than anyone had ever imagined possible. Led by a team of proven scientists, entrepreneurs, and industry veterans, Enko’s innovative science, agile design, and discovery of new modes of action is producing next-generation crop protection solutions that will overcome the critical challenges facing industry. The industry has taken notice and we have active projects with many key industry players…with more on the horizon.
We are hiring across the organization to achieve our desired growth objectives, and our strongest asset is our team members. We value you and your career journey, and we will support your work/life balance. We focus on impact over hours!
We are looking for an experienced communications person to bring their expertise in building compelling stories; bringing to life impactful communications/PR campaigns; and engaging with media. Culture is important to us, and our successful candidate is a self-starter, creative individual who values teamwork as much as we do, and who communicates with honesty, authenticity, and empathy.
This position will manage the communications/public relations function and play an integral role in shaping the go-to-market strategies and messaging to achieve our goals. The public relations and marketing manager will communicate across multiple stakeholders (consumer, community, employee, shareholder, and public interest groups) and channels.
- Designs, develops, and implements a comprehensive, innovative corporate communications plan to include public relations, media relations, issues management, and reputation management to ensure appropriate branding and consistent messaging.
- Generates positive national, regional, and local public relations exposure to increase awareness by developing and managing relationships with key media and industry constituencies.
- Serves as relationship manager for external public relations agency to provide direction and guidance.
- Serves as strategic corporate communications partner with key internal functions, ensuring that integrated company initiatives incorporate effective public and media relations to advance company exposure.
- Functions as a company spokesperson on general information to ensure consistency of messaging; responds to media inquiries; and, identifies appropriate news/public exposure opportunities for the company.
- Develops and implements comprehensive crisis communications plan, integrated with existing company’s business continuity planning and reflective of all current media to ensure reputation management.
- Responsible for content and oversight of the company website.
- Possesses expertise and knowledge of social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and bloggers, to be used to develop and execute specific initiatives for these channels to enhance Enko’s positive image and visibility.
- Develops, manages, and executes public relations’ initiatives, events and activities – including but not limited to news conferences, events, and surveys – to enhance, reinforce, and maintain message accuracy, consistency and brand positioning as a market leader.