Scientist, Plant Pathology
At Enko we believe that to create the future the world wants, we need to change the way the world grows. Our goal is not just to create something better, but to play a part in something bigger. Enko discovers and develops novel products for farmers to protect their crops from pests and disease.
- Our products address a $60 billion core market focused on crop health with expansion into adjacent markets worth $300+ billion
- We have $140 million in capitalization, with $70 million raised as part of a Series C in July 2022
- Our global investors include NuFarm, Anterra Capital, Taher Gozal, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eight Roads Ventures, Finistere Ventures, Novalis LifeSciences, Germin8 Ventures, TO Ventures Food, Endeavor8, Alumni Ventures Group, Connecticut Innovations and Rabo Food & Agri Innovation Fund
- We have over 30 novel, active pipeline programs and 4 strategic partnerships announced, including Syngenta and Bayer
- Our headquarters and research facility in Mystic, CT has 50,000 square feet of state-of-the-art labs and computer-controlled greenhouses built for pre-field experimentation and scale
Our agricultural invention platform, Enkompass™, uses DNA encoded libraries, A.I. and machine learning to create more effective ways of finding and selecting the right treatments for the right targets– faster than anyone had ever imagined possible. Led by a team of proven scientists, entrepreneurs, and industry veterans, Enko’s innovative science, agile design, and discovery of new modes of action is producing next-generation crop protection solutions that will overcome the critical challenges facing industry. The industry has taken notice and we have active projects with many key industry players…with more to come!
We are hiring across the organization to achieve our desired growth objectives, and our best asset is our team members. We value you and your career journey, and we will support your work/life balance. We focus on impact over hours!
- Experience designing plant-pathogen assays and direct involvement in evaluating fungicides in the lab, greenhouse, and/or field
- A working knowledge of the characterization of crop protection chemistries in the field is desirable
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated scientific leadership
- Excellent written and oral communication
Additional skills that would provide a distinct advantage:
- Experience in utilizing data-driven decision making to advance chemistries in a staged, pipeline management system
- Experience building research infrastructure, as well as establishing and managing external research collaborations
- Understanding of the properties necessary in a small molecule fungicide and a working knowledge of organic chemistry necessary to contribute to a multidisciplinary team
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to apply their expertise in fungicide discovery to advance small molecule discovery campaigns from screening to identification of development candidates. They will have a deep understanding of the discovery process and be able to translate this to the development of a tiered evaluation system for fungicides.
Major responsibilities include:
- Apply knowledge of market leading products and the attributes of highly effective fungicides to define characterization strategies that support advancement of chemistries through the staging system
- Design and implement robust assays for characterization of candidate chemistries on model and agronomically important plant pathogens
- Collaborate with a diverse team of scientists to identify and validate targets and optimize lead chemistries creating a pipeline of product candidates
- Collaborate with external partners to conduct advanced characterization of candidate molecules
- Collaborate as a member of the Biology Team to develop approaches for rapidly and reliably advancing candidate molecules through a tiered evaluation system
Enko team members will be entitled to participate in Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan and other similar fringe benefit plans.